Antibiotic stewardship in hospitals PDF
Antibiotic stewardship in hospitals PDF – Expert knowledge on the rational use of anti-infectives in hospitals is essential. Antibiotic stewardship for the optimal treatment of infections and the fight against antibiotic resistance. Special strategies and their implementation in everyday life to improve patient safety.
The guidelines for “antibiotic officers” and the modular training courses (fellow, advanced and expert courses) on “antibiotic stewardship”.
from the content
- Epidemiology, evaluation of resistance statistics and antibiotic consumption, surveillance systems and benchmarking
- Legal basis: Infection Protection Act, statutory quality assurance, pharmaceutical law
- Oralization strategies and outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy (OPAT), dose optimization and therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM)
- Diagnostic stewardship, evaluation of microbiological findings
- Perioperative antibiotic prophylaxis and infection management
- Antibiotic prophylaxis for immunosuppression and chronic diseases
- The most important clinical pictures from an ABS point of view
- Pediatric specifics
- Involvement of doctors, nurses, patients and relatives. Discharge and transfer management
- Case studies from ABS consulting