Advanced Concrete Technology – Over the past two decades concrete has enjoyed a renewed level of research and testing, resulting in the development of many new types of concrete. Through the use of various additives, production techniques and chemical processes, there is now a great degree of control over the properties of specific concretes for a wide range of applications.
New theories, models and testing techniques have also been developed to push the envelope of concrete as a building material. There is no current textbook which brings all of these advancements together in a single volume. This book aims to bridge the gap between the traditional concrete technologies and the emerging state-of-the-art technologies which are gaining wider use.
Table of Contents
From the Back Cover
A detailed and in-depth guide on current state-of-the-art concrete technologies
The most common building material used around the world, concrete has enjoyed a renewed level of research and testing in the past two decades. Through the use of various additives, production techniques, and chemical processes, there is now a great degree of control over the properties of specific concretes for a wide range of applications.
The first book of its kind to focus on advanced, state-of-the-art concrete technologies, Advanced Concrete Technology serves as a practical primer on concrete’s important role in infrastructure and private building construction, as well as a handy reference for building professionals seeking better understanding of its basic behaviors and continued maturation through scientific enhancement. This book includes:
- An insightful view of the latest developments advancing concrete technologies through coverage of new theories, models, and testing techniques
- Coverage of non-Portland cement concrete such as geopolymer concrete, magnesium-based bonded concrete, and more
- Examination of the newest nondestructive testing methods
- Emphasizes a materials design philosophy based on the final application of the materials
Advanced Concrete Technology aims to bridge the gap between the traditional concrete technologies and the emerging cutting-edge technologies that are refining perspectives on concrete as not only an invaluable and fundamental building material, but a versatile one as well.
Cover image is of the Three Gorges Dam located in the Yiling District of Yichang, in Hubei province, China, which is the world’s largest dam. Constructed of 28 million cubic meters of concrete, it is 185 meters high and 3035 meters long and with a capacity to generate over 22,500,000 kilowatts of electricity.
We also Recommend
- Construction Calculations Manual by Sidney M Levy PDF
- Interior Design Illustrated by Francis DK Ching PDF
- Structural Concrete: Strut-and-Tie Models for Unified Design PDF
- A History of Interior Design PDF
- Construction Databook: Construction Materials and Equipment PDF
About the Author
Zongjin Li is a Professor in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. He is the chief scientist in a study of environmentally friendly contemporary concrete, a national key project in China.