There are literally hundreds of good casino books worth reading, but instead of listing hundreds of different titles, here are just five casino books worth checking out before any others.
As well as this top 5 list, you can also find several other good reads further down that relate to casinos or gambling in one way or another.
Table of Contents
Top 5 casino books worth reading
We can start by looking at the top 5 casino books worth reading, and then we can look at several other honourable mentions below. Some of these books focus on specific casino games, whereas others are more about casino gambling in general.
The top 5 casino books you must check out, to begin with, are the following hit titles:
- Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six MIT Students Who Took Vegas for Millions. This book was originally published in 2002, and it was written by Ben Mezrich. If you like blackjack and card counting, you’re going to love this book, which is based on a true story
- Knock-out Blackjack: The Easiest Card-counting System Ever Devised. This is another great blackjack book. Ken Fuchs and Olaf Vancura co-wrote it, and it was originally published in 1996
- How to Be a Professional Gambler: Video Poker Edition. If you’re more interested in Video Poker, then you need to check out this book that was written by Greg Elder and released in 2012
- Roll the Bones: The History of Gambling. If you’re looking for a book that covers gambling in general, this book is for you. It was released in 2006, and it’s one of several gambling-related books written by David G. Schwartz
- Scarne’s New Complete Guide to Gambling. If you enjoyed the above read, then you also need to check out John Sacrne’s 1974 book
Honourable mentions in the casino genre
There are lots of other casino gambling books out there today, and they can give you a much better insight into gambling. They can also prepare you for when you next play at the best new online casinos South Africa has to offer in 2023.
Some of the other recommended reads are Gambling 102: The Best Strategies for All Casino Games, which was written by Michael Shackleford and released in 2005. If you want to learn more about Craps, you need to check out Rober R. Roto’s 1999 book Casino Craps: Strategies for Reducing the Odds Against You.
Slot machine lovers may be interested in the 2001 book Slot Machine Strategy: Winning Methods for Hitting the Jackpot, which MacIntyre Symms wrote.
There’s also Peter Svoboda’s 1999 hit title, Beating the Casinos at Their Own Game: A Strategic Approach to Winning at Craps, Roulette, Slots, Keno, Black Jack, Wheel of Fortune, Baccarat, Let It Ride and Caribbean Stud. Another great read is Frank Scoblete’s 1999 book Casino Gambling: Play Like a Pro in 10 Minutes or Less.
Are online casino bonuses worth claiming?
When you sign up to an online casino to play games like slots, blackjack and roulette for real money, you can generally claim a sign-up bonus (commonly referred to as a new player welcome bonus), but is the bonus worth claiming?
Online casino bonuses are generally worth claiming, especially bonuses with relatively low wagering requirements. Also, only ever claim an online casino bonus from a fully licensed casino site that’s controlled by a reputable operator with a solid reputation.
What are the best South African online casinos in 2023?
The good news for South African players is that there are several great sites to choose from in 2023. The three top-rated SA online casinos worth signing up to before trying any others are 44Aces, King J Casino, and Casino Lab, to name just a few.
You can find the latest reviews for each of these trusted sites on the official NewCasinos.com website. The casinos accept several convenient and secure South African online payment options, and they all accept South African Rand.
These fully licensed online casinos are controlled by trusted names with solid reputations and they all currently have some attractive sign-up bonuses with low wagering requirements for all new players.
What to remember when signing up to an online casino
The key thing is always to gamble responsibly, which means never spending more than you can afford. Learn how to play games, such as blackjack and roulette, in the free play mode before playing them in the real money mode, and never chase your losses.
Never gamble while under the influence, and try to remember to have fun.