2022 Scholarships for International Nursing Students
Self-funding especially for international nursing students is never rosy. The cost of tuition, accommodation and visa can run into thousands of the country’s currency. If you are an international nursing student seeking funds and scholarships opportunities for your education, we have compiled a detailed list of the best and current scholarships, grants, or fellowship funding opportunities open for various course levels and are offered by different universities and colleges.
International Medical University is Malaysia’s first and most established private university wholly specializing in medicine, health sciences, and complementary medicine programs. IMU offers a number of scholarships and bursaries to help you achieve your full potential in college.
IMU’s scholarships are awarded yearly.
International Medical University Malaysia
Level of Study:
Foundation in science
Foundation in Science: Fully funded
Undergraduate: Merit applicants will be awarded 100% or 50% scholarships or bursaries. While Need scholarship for undergraduates covers 100% of tuition fees and is only applicable to Malaysians applying for local options.
Postgraduate: RM5000 -RM8400
Local (Malaysians) and International Students
Foundation in science
Scholarships and Bursaries for Foundation in Science students who meet these eligibility criteria.
- Local and international students who have completed either the SPM or O-Level qualification immediately preceding year before admission into IMU. There should not be any gap year or rest year between the completion of SPM or O-Level to the commencement of study in IMU.
- The scholarship will only be awarded based on the actual SPM or O-Level results and not on forecast results.
- Candidates are required to achieve A+/A in 4 out of 5 subjects (English, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry).
- Must pay Semester 1 fees to register for the course and qualify for the scholarship.
- Not applicable for credit transfer option programs.
Undergraduate(IMU Merit Scholarship)
This scholarship is awarded to students
- Demonstrating outstanding academic excellence, extracurricular participation, and leadership qualities.
- The scholarship application will be strictly by invitation only upon receiving an offer letter for admission into the program at IMU and submission of the final result.
- Students are required to maintain the required minimum GPA of 3.50 per semester in order to continue with the scholarship. Failing this, the scholarship may be discontinued immediately.
- Scholarships will be awarded bonding, subject to the program.
- All scholarships will only cover the tuition fees and no allowance for living expenses, books, and study-related equipment is provided.
- The amount will be disbursed on a semester to semester basis
- Students who withdraw (academic and non-academic reasons) without completing the program will be required to repay the amount that has been disbursed for the financial award given.
- Repeat modules will not be covered and the continuation of the financial award will be on a case by case basis.
- The IMU Scholarship Committee may vary the selection requirements as and when it deems necessary.
Undergraduate(IMU Need Scholarship)
- Open to Malaysians only.
- Applicants must be applying for the First Degree program.
- Applicants must meet the merit criteria of cGPA 3.5 or its equivalent.
- Students’ household income must be in the B40 or M40 category only.
- The applicant with involvement in the community (based on ECA records) will have an added advantage.
- Upon successful application and meeting the scholarship’s eligibility requirements, students will be invited to apply for the scholarship via email.
- Documents required for application are
- SPM/O-Level Certificate
- Pre-U Transcript
- Co-Curriculum Certificate with cGPA
- Personal Statement
- If you have received a conditional offer, kindly submit your final results to the Admissions Department before the closing date to be eligible for the scholarship.
- After the closing date, selected candidates will be called for an interview.
In partnership with Foundation for Hospices in Sub Saharan Africa (FHSSA), The African Palliative Care Association (APCA) provides a number of scholarships each year for Palliative Care Training opportunities for nurses in Africa.
Recognized institutions in Africa for Enrolled and Registered Nurses.
Level of Study\ Training programs:
Postgraduate(masters) and Undergraduate
Training programs include:
- Nurse prescribers’ training
- Bachelor of Science in Palliative Care (Degree)
- Palliative care initiators course
- Distance Learning Diploma in Palliative Care
maximum of $4,000
Registered and Enrolled nurses
- Must be a Registered Nurse or an Enrolled Nurse residing and practicing in Africa.
- Have applied for the course they intend to pursue (where they have an acceptance this should be attached to the application).
- Must legibly complete the application form and attach all supporting documents requested.
3. Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation-Dr. Harold Norman Nursing Practice Leader Scholarship (Barry University, Miami)
The Dr. John T. MacDonald Foundation-Dr. Harold Norman Nursing Practice Leader Scholarship was established to assist Barry University’s College of Nursing and Health Sciences’ nursing students earn graduate degrees that will prepare them as leaders in advanced practice nursing to improve access to care.
Level of Study:
International and local Students
- To be eligible for a Barry University scholarship, you must be enrolled at the university.
- Be currently enrolled as a graduate student in the University’s College of Nursing and Health Sciences Nurse Practitioner MSN and/or DNP programs
- Be one or two years from program completion
- Have a 3.5 or greater cumulative GPA
August to February (annually)
- Applicants must complete the online application form and submit an essay, depicting evidence of community service and leadership.
- Applicants must attach supporting documents relevant to their application.
- Should include a letter of support, high school co-curricular activity records, certificate of achievement or other documents of recognition, newspaper or other press clippings, and/or short video submitted via mail
The IAHPC Scholarship program provides financial assistance to nurses and health care workers intending to improve palliative health care in their home country.
All affiliated universities and Organisations
Level of Study:
Undergraduate and Postgraduate
The IAHPC Scholarship Program provides support to participate in courses, conferences, workshops, congresses, and events that are applicable to the cultural and social-economic level of the applicant’s place of work.
- Be current IAHPC members. If you wish to apply and are not an IAHPC member, you may join by clicking here.
- Be current members at the time of the conference, workshop, congress, or event.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past 3 years.
- Have been IAHPC active members for two or more consecutive years.
- Applicants institution is an IAHPC active member. See institutional members here.
- Are living in Lower, Lower-Middle, and Upper-Middle income categories as per the World Bank income classification data.
- Must be dedicated full-time to palliative care in their current work.
- Graduated less than 10 years ago from university.
- Have an accepted abstract for poster / oral presentation. The IAHPC will contact the Event Contact Person to verify your abstract has been accepted to present a poster or oral presentation.
- Describe in their applications long term goals that lead to improvements in any or all of the following areas: service provision; education; availability of and access to medicines; and public policy
This is an ongoing program, so there are no deadlines for applications unless stated. However, applications should be submitted to the IAHPC no later than 3 months in advance of the expected starting date of resumption.