2021 Best Coffee Machine Buying Guide
For many of us, our daily grind starts with a cup of coffee from our favorite Coffee Machine. We cannot begin our day without first having a cup of hot coffee, making having the right coffee Brewer one of our priorities. These days, we have so many coffee machine choices in the market, ranging from the traditional drip coffee machines suitable for brewing a coffee cup for a group to the pod’s style and single-serve coffee machines perfect for having a cup of coffee on the go.
These coffee machines are so important that many spent quite a fortune to buy just one that will give them their needed satisfaction. Nevertheless, recent research and tests have revealed that you can enjoy sweet cups of coffee without spending fortunes on a machine. In this guide, we have made comparisons of different coffee brewers from the popular categories in the market, and we have compiled this guide to help you choose the best coffee machine for you in 2021.
So, if you intend to buy a coffee machine for yourself or you need to enable a friend get one, this guide will put you through all you need to do it using the best coffee machine.
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Coffee Machines for 2021
- 1.1 1. The Barrister Express Expresso Machine
- 1.2 2. Jura E8 15268 Bean to Cup Coffee Machine
- 1.3 3. Ninja 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- 1.4 4. Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker
- 1.5 5.NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine
- 2 5 Best Budget Coffee Machines 2021
- 2.1 1. Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- 2.2 2. AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker
- 2.3 3. OXO Good Grips 32 Ounce Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- 2.4 4. Secura French Press Coffee Maker
- 2.5 5. CHULUX Coffee Maker Machine
- 3 Why Do I Need A Coffee Machine?
- 4 Difference Between Cheap and Expensive Coffee Machines
- 5 What Should I Look Out for When Choosing A Coffee Making Machine?
- 6 Best Coffee Machines Buying Guide: FAQ
5 Best Coffee Machines for 2021
There are many types of coffee machines in the market. However, in this article, we will review five of the best coffee machines in the market. Our review will help you make a perfect choice. Let’s take a look at them:
The Barrister Express Expresso machine is an excellent coffee machine with a mid-range price and an easy to use interface. It has a perfect build, made mostly with a metal body and a plastic top to ensure it doesn’t get too hot. The machine is relatively easy to set up with help from the guidelines attached to it. Refilling water and coffee beans in the device is relatively easy as it has a detachable lid and water compartment.
- Digital temperature control ensures the extraction and blending process is consistent.
- It comes with an in-built grinder, which is very convenient.
- It comes with a milk frother for making sweet milk foams.
- Customizable shots with its analog gauge control button.
This bean to cup machine is an excellent choice if you wish to enjoy satisfying barista-style drinks from the comfort of your home. This coffee machine has 15 pre-programmed coffee, which you can make by clicking just a button for your enjoyment. The spout is height adjustable and even allows you to use the mug of your choice. Another fantastic feature of this coffee machine is that it can be connected to a smartphone via Bluetooth, creating an alarm once your coffee is made. The coffee machine also has an auto-clean function, ensuring the device is kept in its best condition.
- 15 pre-programmed coffees at the touch of a button
- Spout height can be adjusted to suit all cup sizes
- excellent for extracting the best flavor of your coffee
- Automatic Cleaning function
- Can be controlled from a smartphone via Bluetooth
The Ninja 12 cup programmable coffee machine is an excellent advanced machine with hot brewing technology, perfect for making hot coffee cups. It comes with a 24-hour programmable feature, which enables you to program your brew in advance. The machine comes with an adjustable warming plate that keeps the coffee warm for up to four hours. With this coffee machine, you can enjoy undiluted coffee drinks even if you are brewing for a small batch. In case you like enjoying your coffee before the brewing process is finished, you can use the mid-brew function on this machine. Overall, the Ninja 12 programmable coffee maker is an excellent option for enjoying flexibility and convenience in making your coffee drinks.
- Removable water reservoir
- Gold-tone coffee filter
- Mid-brew-pause function
- Adjustable warming plate
- 24-hour programmable delay
- Advanced boiler for hotter brewing.
The Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker is a perfect machine for making a quick cup of coffee on the go. It comes with a removable drip tray and Is made of a quiet brew technology that eliminates noise in the brewing process. It has a large water reservoir, which allows you to brew up to seven cups of coffee without refilling. It has a strong brew button, which increases the boldness and taste of the coffee. It also has hot water on demand button for making instant coffee. The Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker is perfect for home and office use.
- Iced setting
- Hot water demand button
- Large water reservoir
- Removable drip tray
- maintenance remainder
The Nescafe Dolce Gusto coffee machine is an automated coffee making machine with various automatic functions and features for brewing excellent coffee cups. It has an easy-to-navigate interface with a touch screen display, which allows you to make your selections easily. The automatic functions of this coffee machine enable you to make any coffee drink of your choice. It also sets an automatic reminder and maintenance instructions. Overall, it is an excellent choice if you want to enjoy a plethora of automated functions and make coffee with ease.
- Easy to use interface
- Pressure based system
- It comes with over 17 coffee flavors
- Touchscreen display
5 Best Budget Coffee Machines 2021
If you desire to save some cash while also having a coffee machine that gives you what you want, you should consider getting a budget coffee machine. Being a budget coffee machine does not mean it will not perform well, but you can afford them without breaking the bank. Here are our top 5 picks for the best budget coffee machines in 2021:
This coffee machine has a lot of functions, which makes it more valuable than its price tag. It has a programmable clock and also a pause and serve feature for those that would love to have the coffee before the pot is finished. The machine has a swing-out brew basket, which is easy to refill and clean. It also has a maintenance reminder which alerts you to clean the machine after 30 cycles. Most users of this coffee machine give it a five-star rating.
- Programmable clock
- Temperature control
- Pause and serve feature
- Temperature control
- Great value for money
- Easy to refill the reservoir
This is a simple hand-pressed coffee machine which is very convenient and portable to use. You can use it at home or carry it alone as you travel. It is fast and brews 1-3 cups of coffee in less than a minute, saving you unnecessary waiting time. This machine comes with a fine filter for giving you a grit-free drink. AeroPress is portable and excellent for camping trips, in the office, and even at home.
- Portable machine
- Fast brewing
OXO cold brew coffee maker is a popular coffee machine known for making less acidic and less bitter coffee drinks. Despite its time-consuming assembling process, it has a simple brewing process. The device has a permanent filter, but you can add a paper filter if you choose to. It is perfect for making iced cold coffee drinks; you can also adjust the cod brew strength by adding more water or less coffee to the machine. The device is easy to clean and has a visually attractive design.
- Easy cleanup and maintenance
- Visually appealing design
This French coffee maker is made of sturdy stainless steel both on its interior and exterior parts, making it almost indestructible. It is perfect for kitchen use as it won’t fall and break. It has three layered steel filter that traps even the smallest grit of coffee. It comes with a cool-touch and handles for comfortable pouring.
- 18/10 stainless body
- Three-layered steel filter
- One-hour heat retention
- Sturdy and durable modern design
This coffee machine is an excellent choice for making a quick cup of coffee on the go. It has a compact brewer, which allows you to use any type of k-cup or refillable mugs. It is effortless to operate and has a fast brewing system with an automatic shut off. It has a compact size and is lightweight, which allows you to carry it anywhere you go. It has a detachable drip tray and an inbuilt water reservoir. Overall, it is a great machine to use and is available in different colors.
- Easy to use
- Fast brewing machine
- Conserves space
Why Do I Need A Coffee Machine?
There are many coffee varieties in the world today, with over 90 species of coffee plants available. These coffee beans take time to process before they reach your destination, which is why you need to have the proper machine to make the best coffee out of these coffee beans. Choosing a coffee making machine ensures that your coffee maintains it’s perfect taste and does not lose its flavor. They are so much to explore in the coffee world. Various brands are coming up with high technology, making it’s more comfortable and more convenient to make a perfect coffee cup from anywhere you are. What more? These sophisticated coffee machines do not come at exorbitant prices. However, this is a checklist of why you need a coffee machine.
- Ease and Convivence: Whether you make just one cup of coffee for yourself or have friends and family members who always need a coffee-making machine is the best way to ensure you don’t spend extra time on the task. There are coffee machines that enable you to make up to six cups of coffee at the same time without altering the taste and flavor of the coffee.
- Put an End to Beans Spilling: This is one feature that makes it using a coffee machine outstanding. The technology behind this coffee making machines ensures the coffee brewers directly to the cup, eliminating the need for any additional cleaning. This will help you to save a lot of time.
- Easy to Clean: The technology used in coffee making machines and super improvised to be cleaned after use. The coffee machine has many sections that can be detached and thoroughly cleaned.
Difference Between Cheap and Expensive Coffee Machines
The prices of coffee machines vary a lot in the market. You can find a coffee machine for $100 and another for $1000 by the same manufacturer, so what’s the difference? Being expensive comes at a price. There are features in a costly coffee machine which is lacking in a cheap coffee machine. Let’s take a look at some differences between cheap and expensive coffee machines.
1. Cheap coffee machines probably don’t have the technology of making a real espresso coffee drink. They make technically steamed coffee. So, if you want to enjoy an espresso coffee drink, your ideal coffee machine might be a bit costly. To make a real espresso drink, the coffee machine should have up to nine bars of pressure; sadly, a cheap machine does not have such technology.
2. Expensive coffee machines have better plumbing features than cheap coffee machines. These features include; having at least two boilers, copper boilers, 3-way valves, the ability to be plumbed, and a real steam wand. Cheap coffee machines lack most of these features. Cheap coffee machines are generally steam pressure, while the expensive ones use pump pressure.
3. A cheap coffee machine lacks essential technologies like a cup heater (for making better espressos), metal steamer, and pressure control. All these features impact the quality of coffee produced.
What Should I Look Out for When Choosing A Coffee Making Machine?
In choosing a coffee making machine, whether on a budget or for the luxury, there are specific points you should consider before settling for one. Some of those things are;
- Simple controls and navigation: The coffee machine you choose should be easy to understand and operate, especially programming. A digital display is more suitable and understandable than one with indicator lights.
- Space: A big coffee machine is acceptable, considering the area in your kitchen. However, we advise you to choose a device that wont to claim unnecessary space. If you travel a lot, you might want to consider going to a portable coffee machine.
- Cup Warming Tray: The coffee cups need to stay warm at a constant temperature, so the coffee drink doesn’t get cold too quickly.
- Variable coffee strength: Choose a coffee machine that allows you to increase or decrease the intensity of the coffee drink you brew.
- Ease=y Setup: You wouldn’t want to purchase a machine that proves stubborn to arrange. Stick to the ones with less complexity.
Best Coffee Machines Buying Guide: FAQ
In this section, we will highlight those questions bothering your mind as regards coffee machines.
Does Coffee Machine Boil Water?
Simply put, a coffee machine does not boil water. The required temperature for boiling is 212 degrees Fahrenheit or 100 degrees Celsius, whereas, for brewing a cup of coffee, you need a temperature 195F or 205C.
Can a Coffee Machine Make Tea?
A coffee machine can be used to make a cup of tea. You can use a coffee making machine to brew a pot of tea and keep it warm also. All you need to do is add your teabag or leaf to the machine filter instead of your coffee beans, add water to the reservoir and begin the brewing process.
Are coffee machine pods recyclable?
Most coffee machines are made with a single-use pod, which is not among the house’s recyclable items. Coffee machine pods are made of compostable plastics. This means there’s a high chance they will break down with continuous home use.
Your choice of coffee machine depends mainly on what you want. All the coffee machines we have reviewed in this article are great for use, with different output levels. We advise you to take proper consideration before making any purchase. If you are looking at enjoying quality coffee without breaking the bank, any coffee machine from the list of budget coffee machines will do the job.